Please to keep in mind the following items brought to my attention this last month:
- From UCLA comes more confirmation that the social system is wired into our bodies' makeup.
- It's a good time looking at the stills and newsreel footage from the last century.
- Not enough blogs these days feature the kind of pithy observation of the
odd horrifying detail like this:
I went out to Charing Cross, to see Major-general Harrison hanged, drawn, and quartered; which was done there, he looking as cheerful as any man could do in that condition.(Samuel Pepys, 13 October 1660)
- Here's the clearest Unicode and character set description I've seen.
- Great animation of the effect of sea level rise on Europe. [via Incoming Signals]
- Uh-oh, bad time to be in the tape backup business, according to Computerworld.
- When you're busy with all the minutiae of carrying out a quest, it can be helpful to have a simple list of items to make sure you aren't forgetting something. [via Making Light]